"Flowers were my very first painting muse years ago. That love grew into a career as a floral designer in the Chicago area and developed into a love for gardening. Working with flowers has always been a joyful experience for me. When I began working with fresh flowers and foraged greens in my studio I found a renewed joy in the creative process. For me, painting flowers allows me the opportunity to slow down enough to appreciate all the details that make up something so ephemeral and delicate.”
Rebecca resides with her husband and their three nature loving boys in Traverse City, Michigan, her husband’s hometown.
She grew up in the Chicago area and enjoys regular trips back to spend time with family and appreciate the abundance of culture and art the area provides. She also loves the slower pace, the people and the beautiful landscape of Northern Michigan.
She fell in love with oil painting at a young age at a Chicago area art league and went on to study art in college. She works out of her home studio, and loves gathering fresh inspiration from her garden and the local area. When she is not painting, you can find her in the woods or on the lake shore, exploring with her family.
- Solo show in June 2017 at the Botanic Gardens in Traverse City, MI
- Won the "Peoples Choice Award" in Baypointe CC juried annual show 2015 with, "Overcome by Fear, Fear Overcome"
- Accepted into ARTPRIZE Grand Rapids 2015 with my piece "Overcome by Fear, Fear Overcome"
- Floral piece in juried show at Baypointe CC in April 2016
- Floral piece in juried show at Gallery 50 in February 2016
- Accepted into ARTPRIZE Grand Rapids 2011 with "The Offering"
- A selection of work shown at Inside Out Gallery in 2009.